July 01, 2010

Day 20 - Summer Doldrums

The summer doldrums seem to have hit the kids. "I'm bored." and "There's nothing to do." are whined constantly while they stare blankly at Barnacle Boy and Mermaid Man on TV.


Bored? REALLY??

'Cuz, I sure wish I had the LUXURY of being bored!

But I don't because.. the truck is broken and we are down to one vehicle this week, it is raining again & the roof is leaking (again!) and I can't find a bucket fast enough. The ac system is leaking on laundry room floor. I think Gray mysterio leaked on the living room floor. Blackie Chan is on the roof and someone is ringing the doorbell - "No, sorry I don't want your religion today". The house phone is ringing. The cell phone is ringing. My ears are ringing from the sound of your little friends playing in the pool -who you are ignoring while you whine that you are bored, and your non-swimming friends need watching in the pool! Dinner cooking on the stove needs watching. I'm watching to be sure Blackie Chan doesn't jump on the counter and I'm want to watch Glenn Beck.


Nope, no time to be bored! Where are Mermaid Man and Barnacle boy when I need them??

No comments:

Post a Comment