July 03, 2010

Day 22 - Existentialism

Sob, sob, sob.

"MOM!!!" sob, sob. "MOMMMMM!!!"

Hearing the above, I know that surely, something terrible has happened. Someone or something has injured my youngest little dumpling and I must run to save him! Run, good mom, run!

Well, actually I just turned around from the front seat of the van and looked at him.

"Why are you crying like that?" I asked, as I look for obvious signs of trauma like blood, missing teeth or spilled french fries.


Sniffle, sniffle. "Carlie says I don't exist." Huh?

With the saddest face ever he asked me, "Do I really exist, Mom?"

Oh, good grief! "Carlie stop freaking your brother out!"


I comfort him, "Of, course you exist pumpkin. I can see you and your farts smell. "


Just the right answer to make a 6 yr old boy believe he is real again.



No comments:

Post a Comment